Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tips to save the iphone 4s battery

The iPhone 4S has been plagued with battery life issues since it launched in October.
Apple has been working on fixing these battery life issues with the iOS 5.0.1 update  for most iPhone 4S owners.
I shared how to get better iPhone 3G battery life, but this tip can help those of you who are experiencing horrible battery life even after using these tips.
I can’t promise this will fix every iPhone 4S battery issue, but it was able to fix my horrible iPhone 4S battery life.
Unlike others, I had good battery life to begin with, but after a few weeks of use my iPhone 4S battery life plummeted so much that it didn’t last to the end of the day.
iPhone 4S battery life Standby same as use
After looking at my iPhone 4S battery usage, I discovered that the iPhone 4S was using my battery the same amount of time it was on standby. Here’s how I fixed my bad iPhone 4S battery life.
These tips are most helpful if you used to have bad battery life, but Step 2 is worth a shot for all iPhone 4S owners who have bad battery life.

Uninstall Recent Apps

If you recently installed a number of apps, one of them could have a bug that is keeping your iPhone 4S from entering standby, thus eating your battery life like the Cookie Monster in a Keebler Elf factory.
Uninstall apps
Hold down on your recent apps, and when they start to jiggle tap the X. I also did Step two at the same time to get this fixed up fast, but you can stop here and go for a day if you want to test it out. If battery life improves, you can start installing those apps again, one at a time.

Reset All Settings

If you want to fix sudden onset iPhone 4S battery life issues, a settings reset is the easiest way to clean things up without doing a full restore. The nice part about this battery life fix is that you can do it right on your phone in just a few minutes. The whole settings reset took me about 5 minutes. You won’t be able to use your iPhone while this is happening.
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Go to General.
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Reset.
iPhone 4S Settings Reset
4. Tap Reset All Settings.
5. Enter any passcodes you are asked for.
6. Wait for the process to complete.
You will need to go through and re-do any setting tweaks you have made, but all of your apps, media and data will still be in place.
This solved the bad iPhone 4S battery life for me.
Update: For those asking, I am seeing around 4 hours of use and around 16 hours of standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment